Tuesday, December 1, 2009

National Day

La multi ani Romania! Today was the big national holiday celebrating the unification of the states that form modern day Romania.

The parade through the arc de triumph featured various military units and vehicles. My favorite part was the firing of the cannons during the national anthem.

Later on we celebrated by making pie crust cookies with the leftover dough from Thanksgiving.

There is one thing I don't like about California (well, maybe only half-a-thing) and that is the trouble of buying dragees (those pretty, tiny, shiny balls for decorating cookies, etc.). So I went a little crazy when I saw them at the grocery store here and bought a bunch of packages back in September. Ava covered her Christmas tree cookie with a variety in sparkling pastel hues. It was a very satisfying moment.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are getting so cute- I have to come visit sooon!

    ReplyDelete