Thursday, March 4, 2010

Miss P

Schatzi and I went out to dinner tonight in belated celebration of Valentine's and his birthday (which happened while he was back in the US). We checked out Thai Moods, which is allegedly the best Thai food in the region, but that's not saying much. Now don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad; we're just spoiled San Franciscan food snobs!

Well, if dinner disappointed a little, my dress certainly did not: Meet "Miss P"

"What, this old thing? Why I only wear this when I don't care how I look!"

Allow me to drool a bit more over this dress. You get a better idea of the SPARKLE from this photo, which still does not do it justice. Miss P is a vintage 1950s wool knit gown, entirely covered with sequins and beads all sewn by hand. I came across her on ebay, just randomly, and fell in love. Just before Schatz left for the US, I sighed about how I was obsessed with this dress on ebay and he brilliantly mentioned that he wanted to get me something for Valentine's . . . now why hadn't I thought of that?

I was so giddy when I put it on . . . and you should hear how the beaded fringe swishes when I walk! It's really delightful for me to be able to wear a dress (my time in dresses has been cut short in recent years due to pregnancies/nursing--worthy causes, though). A beautiful vintage dress is my "thing", and I feel honored to add this one to my collection. Dankeschoen Schatz!

We hoped to go dancing after dinner and headed over to Hard Rock Cafe because they had advertised a party "La Vie En Rose": an evening of French food, songs and dancing. Regretably they covered the dance floor with additional tables and chairs. So much for the dancing. I consoled myself with a brownie sundae, and we did enjoy the live chanteuse accompanied by the accordion.

2 comments:

  1. Amber, Your dress is a knockout!! May I use your photo on FB and say its me? Love the reunited photo (Charlotte walking next to her big sisters) and Ava skiing (great snowplow, Ava). And that picture of Audrey is priceless - she was a good girl - her little impish face said something else, however. So adorable. Love, Gigi P.S. Pop Pop is napping, but I will show him the blog when awakens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE this dress my dear Amber you have always had an eye for beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete