Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fixer

I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. This dream of a fixer is waiting patiently to be restored. It's hard to see in the photo, but the roof is crumbling off, the conservatory (yes, a conservatory!) has lots of broken window panes, and the yard is a jungle. Can you say "potential"?

After expressing a desire to leave their country, Romanians often will ask me what I think of Bucharest, how do I like it here. I tell them I like it very much (and realize that my life here is not the life of an average Romanian). Like this old villa, sure there are lots of problems, but you see the beauty in spite of them, and recognize the potential to be achieved through time and lots of hard work.

1 comment:

  1. Is there guest quarters for Grandparents? Guess Who?

    ReplyDelete