Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Charity Ball Bucharest 2009


The Halloween Charity Ball at the Palace of Parliament was spectacular! It's a benefit for Ovidiu Rom, a charity emphasizing the improvement of children's education.

Making myself at home in the Palace.

Alison and David cut the rug. Like us, they have three girls. They are expats from Canada. We met them by chance in September at Hard Rock Cafe. They live about 5 hours north of Bucharest and came down for some "civilization" this weekend. We had a fantastic double date! Check out Alison's blog here and see what it's like outside the comforts of Bucharest.

In my glory: at a palace, dressed up, and dancing!

Schatz and Schoene aka Cowboy and Indian.

School makes you great! The ad campaign for the charity.

The beautiful ballroom.

My new buddy: actor Ethan Hawke. (He wore a "Great Expectations" ensemble with coat and top hat, not seen here. His mom founded the charity.)

Your wish is my command. After hitting road blocks in my quest to make a flamenca costume (such as there are no patterns here . . . you just take your fabric to the dressmaker), I was pleased to find this Princess of India/Genie ensemble at a costume rental store.

Regretfully, The End.

2 comments:

  1. I just told Eric that I had some envy goin' on here. Thank you for documenting your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY all time favorite Actor! I was literally watching one of his movie's yesterday- and you were hanging out with him!

    ReplyDelete