Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Istanbul


We got back to Bucharest from Vienna on January 3 and by January 6 we were off again . . . Schatzi went to Istanbul and I went with the girls to Poiana Brasov for a mini ski camp. A trip to Istanbul is perfect to add to your Bucharest itinerary. . . it's just an hour flight from here and so very fascinating. So check your calendar and let us know when you're coming!

And now, Schatzi's adventures in Istanbul:

Land of mosques.

Inside Hagia Sophia.

The ubiquitous Scott Porter . . . this guy is everywhere.

Welcome to the Grand Bazaar . . . let's go shopping! Chad says you could spend two weeks just in the bazaar.

Turkish wares.

Turkish spice.

Turkish kebap.

Turkish bath.
This is just the changing area. . . see the the interior here with its heated marble slabs. (This bath was built in 1584!)

Turkish princesses. The slippers are adorable . . . I want a pair!

Of course, Turkish delight.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amber! Been following your adventures. Loved the pictures of the ball. You looked beautiful! Fun to see Chad in a tux too. These photos make me want to go to Turkey. It is on my list of places to go.

    Fun to see Scott came to visit. Tell him hello for me if he is still there. I was just thinking about his yesterday and was going to try to call him but ... I guess if he is out of the country he probably wouldn't get my call :)

    Love you guys and thanks for letting us live your adventure vicariously!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete