Thursday, January 28, 2010

Soare cu Dienti

The Romanians have the perfect saying to describe the deceptively warm looking sunshine that we had today: Sun with teeth. Big, sharp teeth. We hit -17 Celsius this week (and that was during the day). That's about 0 degrees Fahrenheit. Brrr.

The girls love the icicles.

Today they were glittering in the sun.

"Om de zapada" on the terrace.

Indoor afternoons.

When Charlotte sees a camera, this is how she reacts.


Sorry the video's so dark . . . this was before the sun made an appearance.

1 comment:

  1. I want to learn to say "Sun with teeth" in Romanian...but unfortunately I think I will need a sound bite to learn it, sometimes the written word just isn't enough.

    I'm not gonna lie, Amber. I was more than thrilled to see that you visited my blog. How cool is that? Romania?! although I'm not new to family blogging, sewmanybooks.blogspot.com, is my first blog with [somewhat] focused content. Can't wait to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete