Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Honeymoon Is Over


"Buna dimineata, Audrey!"

"I don't want to go to school, mom."

"It's Monday morning; we go to school on Monday. Why don't you want to go?"

"It's boring."

I had been worried about Audrey adjusting to preschool, which is why we were so surprised last week when she wanted to stay at school. Evidently the novelty has worn off.

Monday morning was quite atrocious. Not wanting to go to school morphed into not wanting to get dressed, eat breakfast or put on her favorite red shoes. Screaming, kicking, drooling--the works. I wrestled the clothes on and then carried her and her shoes to English Kinder.

"She terrorized us" her teacher Elena said with a smile when I picked her up. "I calmed down in class" countered Audrey.

Now, don't fret. She seems to be doing better now (as in wearing shoes today) and has her "school chart" to fill with stars and hopefully happy faces until she's earned our bribe: Barbie's Diamond Castle play set. (She's always happy as a lark when I pick her up and it takes her forever to say goodbyes, dance around the room, show me her artwork, etc.)

She's only two.

During a midnight potty stop, Audrey reiterates that she does not want to go to school.






1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to see the girls again. Also, to see the dancing and golf - Pop Pop will be taking the next flight out. Hope to skype with you on Saturday. Miss you but the blog helps tons. Charlotte scooting made me tear up.
    Love ya, Gigi

    ReplyDelete