Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sidewalk Etiquette



We received our etiquette lesson across the street from this old place.

Soseaua Kiseleff is a large, one-way boulevard lined with tall trees, stately old villas, and nice wide sidewalks. The girls and I were strolling along busy chatting when suddenly there is a car coming right at us. ? The look of surprise on my face must have told the driver that I didn't know what was going on as he quickly flicked his hand left then right indicating my choices. Oh, right, silly of me, I need to move the stroller and children across the bike lane and onto the grass so that you, car, can continue down the sidewalk. Hopefully my smile erased the disgusted wrinkle on his forehead.

So if you need to drive the wrong way on a one-way street, just use the sidewalk, no sense wasting gas to drive around the block.

No comments:

Post a Comment