Friday, September 18, 2009

National Pastime

The equipment.

The players.

Playing at doubles.

Squirrel eaters. (Mr. Squirrel made it safely up the tree).

Tuckered out spectator.

All over the park we heard it: Click-click-click-click. Clackety-click-clackety-click. People striking two small objects together . . . so we stopped, watched and learned the art and sport of squirrel feeding. Old folks, young folks, babies--everyone seemed to be playing. Our favorite was the elderly couple who had this awesome syncopated rhythm down. You could tell that they had been doing this for years.

What wonders me is why the squirrels play along . . . the park is littered with acorns everywhere. Well, maybe it's a game for them too, or maybe they just enjoy being waited on.

I'm just not sure how they keep score.




Did you catch what Audrey said? (As I was uploading the video, she says to me "I'm not in Romania, I'm in Bucharest.")

No comments:

Post a Comment